Several information systems projects have been delivered to this mega project by WideSky’s implementation partner, VRT Systems. As is common for WideSky projects, the various WideSky products contribute to a much broader ecosystem of elements. On this site, all of the WideSky products have been deployed, except the WideSky Hub. However, the Hub is likely to be deployed on future stages of this site development.
Barangaroo’s first residential buildings – Anadara and Alexander – contain 159 luxury apartments plus ground level retail facilities.
VRT provided metering and monitoring systems for utility services* in these buildings using WideSky Edge software running on industrial hardware. Individual tenant consumption data available to tenants in real time on their own devices using TenantView
- CET energy meters and data loggers via the Modbus protocol
- EDMI “billing” meters via their command line protocol
- Siemens thermal meters via the M-Bus protocol
- Water pulse meters (Potable, Hot and Recycled)
- A total of 6 meters per apartment (power, pulse: potable, hot, recycled water, thermal: cooling & heating)
- WideSky Edge (on every 3rd floor) to provide: local data storage for pulse and memoryless energy meters, concentrators to minimise cabling, develop profiles for pulse meters, interface to the EMS and WideSky Management Platform
- CET PecStar Energy Management System for use by the facilities management
- WideSky Cloud to manage tenant data security and export of building data to the precinct wide WideSky system
- TenantView live and historical tenant consumption display system, including greenhouse gas contribution and cost data.
Barangaroo South is unique as its utility services are provided through a combination of traditional and private precinct utilities that significantly contribute to the exemplary sustainability standards of the precinct.
Lendlease Living Utilities owns and operates;
- The district cooling system providing chilled water for air conditioning to every building, The high voltage triplex electrical distribution network that transports electricity to every consumer in the precinct.
- The recycled water treatment plant that collects wastewater from each building and transforms it into clean water for use in toilet flushing and laundries.
- The rooftop solar PV systems supplying renewable energy to the precinct.
VRT supplied the WideSky Cloud monitoring system which collects the utility consumption data from all facilities. This included:
- WideSky Edge software deployed in each facility to collect readings from Honeywell and Schneider supplied metering solutions through BACnet, Modbus and CSV data files, as well as the WideSky Master Edge for the Anadara and Alexander buildings
- Validate and transcode this data to the regulated standard formats: NEM12 (for tariff-based metering) and NEM13 (for non-tariff based metering)
- WideSky Cloud to collect and store all NEM12 and NEM13 data files, C4 data files and exception reports from each MDSP (Meter Data Service Provider under AEMO Regulations) for secure collection by the billing services provider.
- In 2019, the total number of monitoring devices connected into the WideSky system is approx. 6,900 at 5-minute logging intervals.
A Massive achievement
WideSky congratulates VRT Systems and Lendlease on its amazing achievement at Barangaroo South to date and is proud of its small contribution to this groundbreaking standard. WideSky is also pleased VRT Systems have been selected to continue this journey with Living Utilities for the utility services monitoring for the precinct.